This is the first Easel Card of this kind that I have made and must say that they are very cool. I really like the finished look. Thanks to the Make It Monday challenge there are many more of these in my future!
This has been so much fun. It was a major challenge to get so many projects finished in such a short amount of time. I must admit that if I hadn't, more or less, duplicated the projects from the amazingly talented team I never would have finished. It takes me so much time to get the creative juices flowing but it is starting to come back. For the last year and a half a little bit of depression, from the loss of my dad, has kept creativity at bay. I made a few attempts at blogging but it just never seemed to be the same. The last couple of months have been better and I am really trying to get back. I have really enjoyed this weekend and maybe a corner has been turned.
Well if I have figured correctly I think I am half way done with the Stamp-a-faire challenges. (I skipped the timer and Ancient Rome challenges but will go back and finish them) I really need to kick it in to high gear. Even if I don't have time to get them all done before the deadline I will finish them ALL!
I have always steered far away from glitter other than Stickles and glitter pens or Wink of Stella.
I feel the same about both glitter and embossing powder. (they blow all over the place and you can never completely get it all cleaned up) After today, with this technique and recently finding out about coffee filters, my feelings have changed and I may be using them more often.
One of the very first crafts that I became obsessed with was counted cross stitch. All through my high school years and into my adult years I loved cross stitching. That was until my daughter was expecting our first grand child and I found the power of machine embroidery. You could plug into a program any cross stitch pattern and the machine would do it for you and I never looked back. This was a wonderful blast from the past.
I had donated all my floss a few years ago and twine I found is too thick so the only string I had small enough was this variegated. I added a Tag Sale #8 die cut along with some of the contents from the Regency Era box for this card.
It is after 2 a.m. here so this is the last project for the night and I will be back at it tomorrow afternoon.
I am not sure if I didn't let the walnut stain ink dry long enough or if my gold embossing powder is just too slick but I could not get the stain to stay. The card still turned out nice if I do say so myself.
This technique brought back so many memories from childhood. No I am not old enough to remember the Renaissance era. (even though some days I feel like it) I remember my mom having the wax sticks and metal presses to make these seals and I used to love playing around with them.
Along with all the contents of the Renaissance box I added some beautiful blue ribbon.
I used some purple velvet from Hobby Lobby along with Royal Velvet cardstock and the goodies from the Renaissance era box. I am really enjoying reading all the wonderful information from each era.
Since I had to work today and missed the start of all the festivities I was planning on working the eras in order when I came home but you know what they say about the best laid plans...
This is what happened to the start of my first project.
My mom came into my craft room and laid some puzzles she had gotten for the grand kids on top of my wet embossing paste covered paper. Then while I was stamping this border I laid the side of my hand in the ink before it had a chance to dry. It's all good, I moved on and will come back later.